Thursday, March 03, 2005

Klaske's Book Game

Very neat, so here are the rules.

1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest!

1. Nearest book: Little Women, my latest pleasure-read option!
2. p. 123 (which I just passed!!)
3. Her turn came next.
4. "What is your greatest fault?" asked Fred, by way of testing in her the virtue he lacked himself.
"A quick temper."
"What do you most wish for?" said Laurie.

And there I stop. Suspenseful, huh? Don't look up Jo's answer. Guess from these options, and I'll let you know if you're right or wrong:

a. a publisher to print my play
b. a pair of boot lacings
c. a hat with a wide brim
d. Father to return home

...?

4 comments:

Nevermore said...

Obviously he is wishing for a wide brim hat with which he can hide his intemperate countenance...

Sephora said...

Oh, me. This might be nit-picky, but I feel I should tell you that Jo is a girl. However, you may still choose to hold to your answer, if you mean "she" can hide "her" intemperate countenance.

Anonymous said...

I know! I know!

Sephora said...

So, "Me," are you going to share what you know?