Monday, February 27, 2006

Fifteen!

You know the joke... three snotty young women--a brunette, a redhead, and a blonde--walk into a bar and order drinks from a new, inexperienced cocktail waitress.
Brunette: I'll have a G and T.
Waitress: Excuse me? What is that exactly?
Brunette: Duh-huh! It's "gin and tonic."

Redhead: I'll have a Smith and Kearns.
Waitress: I'm sorry, what is that?
Redhead: Duh-huh! It's "kahlua and cream."

Blonde: I'll have a 15.
Waitress: Umm, I'm not sure I--
Blonde: Duh-huh! It's a "seven and seven."

So the connection is, I would not be posting during this (very busy!) last week before spring break if I had not been tagged by Portia Bean.
I have time to read her blog, so I guess I have time to post the tag...!

So here we go: Forty-nine
(otherwise referred to as 7x7)

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Get married and have children.
2. Climb a mountain in South America.
3. Correspond with letters.
4. Visit Poland.
5. Compete in a triathlon.
6. Return to the Philippines.
7. Learn Portuguese.

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Pull-ups (my upper body strength has always been very limited).
2. Allow precision of vocabulary to slide when I'm engaged in an argument.
3. Conquer my pride (it's difficult for me to think of things I cannot do!)
4. Run on a treadmill (I need to be outside when I'm running)
5. Keep track of my belongings (i.e., leave an area with as many items as I came with)
6. Play volleyball (I'm afraid of the ball; it hurts my arms--#1 on this list might be related)
7. Make my brain work past 11pm.

Seven things that attract me to … my Other Half:
I am not yet married (see #1 of "Before I Die")

Seven things I say:
1. Holy cow! / Good heavens!
2. I don't kah-no (phonetic pronunciation of "know").
3. Oh, please...(as in, gimme a break)
4. Out loud, dramatically (specifically, when speaking of reading or reciting something)
5. Are you hungry? / Would you like some tea? (apparently, Chestnut says I always say these things to him...maybe because I always see him around mealtimes?)
6. What are you thinking about? (Chestnut says I always say this, too--but it might have to do with his tendency to become quiet and thoughtful)
7. God bless.

Seven books I love:
1. Late Have I Loved Thee Ethel Mannin
2. A Right to be Merry Mother Mary Francis, P.C.C.
3. On the Incarnation Saint Athanasius
4. Father Elijah Michael O'Brien
5. James and the Giant Peach Roald Dahl
6. Come Rack! Come Rope! Robert Hugh Benson
7. Kristin Lavransdatter Sigrid Undset

Seven movies that I’ve loved:
1. Return to Me
2. Princess Bride
3. Braveheart
4. Just Like Heaven
5. Pride and Prejudice (the 6-hr A&E version)
6. Life is Beautiful
7. Dave and the Giant Pickle

Seven people to meme:
1. Whiskey
2. Erin-Roommate (what the heck; let's keep trying!)
3. WindMillTilter
4. Anna-Not
...and that's enough for now because 15 minus 7 equals 8, and 4 is half of 8.

And this just in ...
Annoucing the birth of John Charles Remstad! He emerged today, February 27th, weighing in at 8lbs, 14-1/2 oz, after 32 long and hard hours of labor. Both mother and baby (as well as father!) are fine, and all are happy that it's over!
Little John has the distinct privelege of being born on the same day as the widely renowned (in smallish circles)"Big Vic" Vincent.

Welcome to this crazy world, John!

1 comment:

Nevermore said...

Wow, that is quite a list and I'm not sure I digested it all...any who, hope all is well, and God Bless.