Monday, August 21, 2006

Bear Peak


This one was only eight thousand - something in elevation, but it was described as one of the most "prominent peaks" in Boulder, Colorado.

I hiked this one with my latest "married friends" couple, Erin and Bryce.

We hiked there Saturday because the weather deterred us from tackling a fourteener.

There were signs all along the trail warning that the area was popular among black bears, but unfortunately, we saw none.

Come weather or will, we are climbing a fourteener this coming weekend, called Grays Peak. And it will be quite a crowd on the expedition: 7 of us in all. So I hope we summit, and then I can have an even 5 bagged before my return to Connecticut in a few weeks!

1 comment:

nutmeg said...

See, my sister? You DO amaze me!

Best of luck this last two weeks!