Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gift pressure

My dear husband, Doodle, also comes from a large family. Like my own immediate family, his family members choose names every year for Christmas gift-giving. And being a new member of his family this year, I "picked" his older sister's husband, Eric.

I just sent a very long email to Doodle's sister, listing all the various ideas I've had for the perfect Christmas gift. Pleading for help.
Each idea that I think must be "the one" has been met with visible hesitation from my husband. Who happens to be one of the best gift-givers I know. (Number One on his Love Language test results). So I tend to listen to him when he has anything to say about gifts. Besides, he's known Eric for longer than I have. He and Eric get along really well, and Eric was his best man. But even with all of that being said, Doodle admits that I picked a "tough one" for gift-giving. "Eric likes a lot of different things, but they're very specific things."

So far, the idea of which he's been most supportive is a Williams Sonoma Cookbook, on the condition that it be one with a baking theme.

???

Yes, my brother-in-law is a very creative man, and an amazing chef. But a baking cookbook for Christmas? I guess I really don't have the gift-giving knack yet in this family.

First Christmas Pressure!!!

1 comment:

nutmeg said...

Seph,
you are the BEST gift-giver of our family... so have confidence in your choices!!
Speaking of, you do have me this year, right?
ha ha!
;)