Thursday, December 16, 2004

Relax...

Every final exam I've ever taken has been a big deal at the time.
And whatever happened, life went on.
I take a final today, and the same will happen: life will go on. Somehow, maybe not the way I'd have chosen, but then again, who's steering this boat?
Clara's got a good point. Practically speaking, what's the sense of worrying?
And on a higher level, knowing that God is in control can take a whole lot of anxiety away, if we just remember that fact.
As my dear friend told me, "Study like it depends on you; pray like it depends on God."
If anyone else would care to pray for me, I would greatly appreciate it.
And in 5 years, Clara, maybe I'll be treating y'all in my PT clinic!

2 comments:

Kitty said...

Finals, all this talk reminds me of those horrid days long ago! But you're right, whatever happens, happens and life goes on.
And it is funny that the "best laid plans" don't always turn out like you thought they would, but God in His infinite wisdom directs our paths where He would have us go.
I sure hope He directs you to PT though. I've been going off and on for about 2 years and feel better than I have in years. After 50 your body decides to do what it wants and when you do what YOU want it rebels and hurts. So, back I go to get shocked and massaged and twisted and turned and I play on the little blocks of foam and roll on the balls. Wonderful inventions to put the old bones, muscles, etc. back where they are supposed to be. Good luck in your endeavors and when you open your clinic, I'll be first in line, God willing.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a peaceful, restful time away from the rigors of school. God Bless, Kitty
And no, you don't know me, but I've been writing to your sister for the last couple of months and think she is a wonderful woman. I would love to meet you both one of these days. And you both are always in my prayers. K:)

Sephora said...

Thank you for the encourgement, Kitty. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season, too! I have enjoyed tracking your words of wisdom through the blogs, and appreciate your care and concern for all of us. God bless you!