Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Please define "weird"

Aaaack! I've been Memed! Which I would have assumed to mean, "attacked by a Portia bean." But it's not that. It means that I've been tagged by Nutmeg to participate in some strange form of self-revelation.

Rules: The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits of yourself," and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says "You are tagged" (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.

5 weird habits, by Sephora
Disclaimer: I'm not sure what constitutes "weird." I am going to assume that "weird habits" include my habits that I doubt most others have. For example, the fact that I brush my teeth twice a day is not a "weird habit," since I assume that most people do as much. This, however, is not a proper definition, as one should never define something by what it is not. The use of a universal negative leaves us with the idea "weird habits" are merely the original pieces of individual self-expression. But whatever....

1. I tend to clean kitchens wherever I go. Yes, it's polite to help out in the kitchen when you are invited over, but at friends' houses, that's usually my first destination, where I immediately start doing dishes and wiping counters. At home, I cannot get any other work done if the kitchen is dirty.

2. When I really look forward to emailing someone in particular, I don't let myself do it until I've responded to all the emails in my Inbox. In some strange way, I feel bad that I enjoy writing some emails more than others, so I put my
preferences last.

3. I have much more fun cleaning house, cooking, and baking when I'm wearing a skirt or dress. So while some people save old pairs of jeans, I have a dress with bleach stains on it that I wear with an apron for housework.

4. Bedsheets and towels all must be folded with the right side out. If I fold them the other way by mistake, I have to shake them out and re-fold them.

5. When I'm driving, I don't listen to music until I've said my rosary that day. If I'm tired, I must say my rosary out loud to prevent myself from losing focus or getting sleepy. If I pray out loud, I put my headset on so that I don't appear to be talking to myself. (I suppose I care if people think that I'm talking to myself!)

This tagging business is going to turn into who will actually respond, like those silly questionnaires that people send to their friends. So here is my tag-team:

Most likely to respond: Austin, Texas, the most recent addition to my sidebar, from whom I anticipate continual greatness.

Least likely to respond: Erin-Roommate, who is more busy than I (Recipe: wedding planning, graduate school, independent Arabic study; Mix well.)

Most likely to respond with excuses describing why he won't respond to the actual post: Nevermore, who has more serious concerns and more pressing things to get out of his head and into writing.

Crap-shoots, but I'd be sooo interested to hear from them: Donzilla and Jedno

4 comments:

Whiskey said...

5 Weird Habits of Myself. Fun, yet time consuming. Pax.

Sephora said...

Thank you for not disappointing me .... I knew you'd have some entertaining ones!

Dz said...

I always thinks it's hilarious when someone drives past our car when five people are all saying the rosary...

They look at us and think: What a bunch of chatterboxes! Five people all talking at once!

Nevermore said...

You, my dear Sephora, are quite an intuitive creature. I read your post after I replied to your request in my own comments with just what you said, an excuse. I don’t think I need to express myself much more than I already have on my Blogcosis but maybe, just maybe, if I can figure out just what constitutes a “weird” habit, I’ll entertain your request. Keep it real.