Thursday, June 14, 2007

What will Posterity think?

This is going to look interesting in the history books, years down the road.
Hmmm... What will be the possible explanations given, for why 21st century America didn't resist the conquest of radical Islamists?

Possibly... (depending who's teaching the history at that point)--

--Deep down in the hearts of all Americans was the knowledge that Islam was the answer to the grievous corruption rampant in their country.


Or take your pick of these...

--They had so much time for leisure, they were too stoned to know the seriousness of what was going on.

--Politicians were more concerned with looking like they cared about everyone else's opinions, that they didn't have time to think about the common good.

--No one wanted to take responsibility for being "prejudiced" against things they themselves don't believe.

--Alexis de Tocqueville predicted: in a democratic state, the minority voice eventually cries out louder than the majority voice, as the quest for equality off-balances itself.

--Catch phrases such as "open dialogue" and "freedom of religion" shut up anyone attempting to sound the warning calls.

--Denial is easier in a relativistic society, "If I don't interfere with them, they won't interfere with me."


God save us from ourselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...You know as events unfold in my lifetime I often do wonder what my grandchildren and their children will be told by historians about my generation....As we go about our "merry (?) way" how are our global and even individual decisions impacting....free choice, I often picture our God looking at us, His creatures, and wondering when we will ever "get it"!!! I guess probably, as a parent, I sometimes look at my offsrping and wonder the same!! (And I'm sure my parents had the same thoughts of me!!)Isn't God wonderful...He makes everything so relateable!!!??? :) Yes, God save us from ourselves!!!