Wednesday, February 02, 2005

List

Module I Exam, today (done)

Maria Goretti Society talk on Purity, this evening (done)

Research Statistics Question Activity for Meausurement Class, due Friday (pending)

Study for Statistics Exam next Wednesday--read and outline 5 assigned research articles in order to study efficiently with Hope, Janel, and Marisa--by Saturday (pending)

Research and put together "Intervention Strategies for elderly people with vision impairments and fear of falling," present it in tutorial on Friday (pending)

Do an Executive Summary from a chapter of a Geriatrics PT textbook, due Monday (pending)

Babysit 4 wonderful children from 4-11pm, Saturday (not yet actualized)

There. It doesn't look so bad when I write it down. But I allowed the stress generated by this list to affect my outlook on everything today. It influenced my dealings with my study partner, Hope, early this afternoon, and then my best friend, Sharon, later this afternoon. Impatience, shortness, and general frustration at the lack of more hours in the day. Scary how vulnerable I am to environmental circumstances.

Have to work on that....

1 comment:

Kitty said...

"Research and put together "Intervention Strategies for elderly people with vision impairments and fear of falling," present it in tutorial on Friday".
When you have finished this, please send me a copy. I turn 52(which I don't really consider elderly, just getting older)in less than a month and have fallen 5 time in the last 6 weeks due to visual impairments. Help!!! I am not really clumsy. I ice skate, roller skate and ride a bike. I climb mountains, rappell, cave, backpack and generally walk without falling. But lately due to the monolense contact that I am wearing in my left eye so that I can see to read or write I have had problems. My other eye does not wear a contact (I've never worn glasses) and when I forget to look down with the appropriate eye to take a step off of something or to climb up on something, I fall. Now this is not just a slip and sit on your rear fall, this is a fall forward, remembering to not use my hands to catch myself so that I don't break my wrist. Christmas Eve I sprained my ankle, another time I missed the bed and hit the entire left side of my face on the nightstand, including my nose and had fun blaming my husband for abuse for a few weeks. My dog and I tried to make it through the same door at the same time and she won. I've got more bumps and bruises than I had as a child.
So maybe your research will give me some insight into how to prevent these annoying falls before I really fall and hurt myself badly. Although then I might get happy pills for the pain! I really hope you come up with some strategies because it is really bothering me that I keep falling.
And sorry about guessing your secret, but Mothers do tend to have these instincts about such things. Remember we have eyes in the back of our heads. Maybe that's the solution! I could use the back of the head eyes to walk without falling.
Hope you get all of your tasks done and without a lot of stress.
And I've written to your Sis, but she must be busy because I haven't heard back. Married life is so fun!
Take care, Kitty :^)