Monday, February 14, 2005

Omission = Actively Ignoring

Also, =what I'm doing right now. I've read a lot this weekend, but haven't actually compiled a workable handout for tutorial tomorrow. You'd think sitting alone in the PT computer lab at school would facilitate my motivational issues. But no. It's past 9:30pm, I have to work at 7:30am, nothing is on paper, and thoughts are running through my head like, "It's past 9 o'clock. Oooh! I have free nighttime minutes; who do I need to call?"

The weekend was great. Babysat on Saturday evening, then came "home" to a still-lit-up Frank and Sharon's place. Low and behold, there's Sharon, 12-o'clock midnight, wrestling with her latest and greatest baking adventure. We're expecting 16+ people for Sunday Dinner the following afternoon, and she spares no energy for guests--even during her first trimester of pregnancy! Well, I thought the cake looked beautiful, but she was noticeably frustrated. Apparently there had been several detours and recoveries before I'd arrived. Finally, we went to bed around 2am, woke up for 7:30am Mass, and spent the morning preparing for the big dinner at 1:30pm. (we were exhausted by Sunday evening--cleanup lasted until 11pm!)

Anyway, I found out that the beautiful cake was a surprise birthday cake for me! Candles and everything; it was great. And it was delicious, much to Sharon's relief! =] The whole dinner was a huge success, and everyone left wondering if Sharon wasn't really already Italian before she married Frank!

I've been making in-my-head plans for my summer clinical affiliation this summer in Georgia. In other words, thinking about things I can't decide just yet. I just received news that I'll be going for the third block, by myself (!!), although another student from here will still be there for a few days after I arrive. My dates are June 27th until August 19th. So my think-plans have included:

Where should I make my "base" this summer?
Should I drive home for Alissa's wedding in May, then later drive to Georgia from home, then from Georgia back to Connecticut?
Or should I fly home for the wedding and come straight back to Connecticut, and then drive down the east coast when my affiliation comes along later in June?
Or should I drive home, fly to and from Georgia (can I survive alone without a car in Georgia?), and then drive back to Connecticut from Colorado in August?
What about my poor car and all these miles?
What about a summer job?
What about Connecticut housing (I have housing here until May)?
What about money while I'm in Georgia?

Yikes! Gotta find out a few things....

No comments: