Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Recent Conversation

over the phone, with one of my "almost-sisters," Sharon:

Me: That's it! I'm giving up. I can't look in someone's direction without cursing the situation. This is the last time. The end. I've given up. There it is. Give up. Gone. I'll just let God take care of it from now on.

Sharon: {gasp} And live in peace and happiness that only He can give?!

Me: I know. Pretty scary. I don't know if I'll be able to handle it.

Sharon: It could get kind of rough, all that peace.

Me: I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for it. Maybe I'll succeed in ducking again!

Sharon: Be strong; you can handle it!

Me: Yeah, maybe for about three weeks, until I decide to mess it all up again.

Filed under "more light-hearted talks" regarding Vocational Discernment.

No comments: