Sunday, November 26, 2006

Highlights:

After dinner Saturday night, on the terrace of his parents' 18th-floor apartment, overlooking Washington D.C. ...

Colin: So, do you believe me now, that I am who I said I am?
Me: Yes.... I think I always believed you. I just didn't believe I could be so lucky.
Colin: Well, you're a special person. Sometimes, good things happen to special people.
Me: I also can't believe that you've come this far without somebody else snatching you up.
Colin: Like I said, I'm a pretty average guy. No one really notices me--there's nothing all that special about me--
Me: --yes, there is.
Colin: Well, I guess I just fly beneath the radar.
Me: You flew straight into my radar.
Colin: Yeah, I guess I was just lucky, then!

Around midnight Saturday night, after several spine-crushing hugs and a few goodbye kisses...

Me: Colin, am I your girlfriend?
Colin: Can I be--I mean, ...can you be my girlfriend?
Me: Yes!
Colin: Good, 'cause I don't wanna leave you hangin' out there. (in his very cute quasi-North Carolina accent)

The next day, on the phone, ....
Alissa (laughing): Did you tell him that you didn't want to be kissed?
Me: No, ...because I did!

And a few minutes later, on the phone, ...
Me: So, did your parents have anything to say?
Colin: They loved you! They told me I have to always tell you how wonderful and refreshing you are.
Me: Wow. ...that's really nice of them.
Colin: Yeah, so I guess I just have to tell you everyday, so you don't forget.

5 comments:

Erin said...

*jumping up and down and squealing*:
YAY!!!!!!

Sephora said...

As always, thank you for the unique sibling support! Without it, life would be truly dull.
Portia, I wish I could see that display of excitement in person.
Tim, you couldn't rain on my parade right now, no matter how hard you tried. I can't wait for you to meet him!

Sephora said...

It was Alissa's question BEFORE I even went! (that's why I had to give her a report...) Why am I not surprised that it was my youngest sister's, as well.

nutmeg said...

Oh! How wonderful!

(sorry I didn't check in yesterday...)

Colin is one lucky guy. WE will never let him forget!

;)

Alvy said...

EEEEE!! Sorry i didn't check sooner! I'm echoing Portia alot! I can't wait to meet him he sounds lovely! See you in a few weeks!
xoxoxo