Monday, September 12, 2005

Sunshine on the Sound

The Maria Goretti Society Family picnic was a hit on Sunday. Everyone had a marvelous time. I had plenty of help getting all the supplies to the convent's boathouse before the first family arrived; then the beautiful weather, the boats, foot paths, and large supply of food took care of entertainment!

Becky and Tony both left early to prepare for school this coming week, but Tony took Teresa's and my car keys with him by mistake. Since Tony had also been in an overturned canoe that afternoon, his waterlogged cell phone was unresponsive. None of us knew Becky's by heart, and Ruth was out of town. My phone was with my car keys, so we tried calling that a few times, but they must not have heard it.
Teresa and I both made use of some extra prayer time in the convent's chapel long after everyone left, before Tony was located and directed back to rescue us!

Fr. Check joked that we could just stay and be the next two "automatic" vocations. The idea was not too unappealing, actually!

But it was back to school Monday, for the first full week of class!

Happy Birthday to my younger brother-in-law, Bean's LH! =]
Blessings on his endeavors, and the future of his family.

And while we're on the subject, let me just say that my family has been so blest with the brothers-in-law I've acquired thus far. I've come to appreciate the closeness of my family; it's beautiful, but bizarre to many an "outsider." The personalities that have emerged among my siblings are entertaining, as well as exasperating. But our whole family is bound together by Faith and love. Both of my brothers-in-law settled into our crazy family dynamic without so much as a ripple. From what I have seen, there has not been any hesitancy to make our family their own. Even with all of the family's quirkiness, they readily accepted everyone with love, as part of their new extended family.

May we be so blest with the rest of our -in-laws in the years to come!

1 comment:

nutmeg said...

OOOOOkay...let's not hesitate to say that those men are damn lucky to be part of our clan! (I'm sure they would agree) Our family may have subtle quirks, but they are what make us so endearing :)

Glad to hear all is well!