Sunday, October 03, 2004

The edges

of these New England arbors are starting to show some color.
The days are crisp and cool--the kind of days where I like to open the sun-roof and blow the heat on my feet while I drive.
I sit here in my bedroom, looking out over the dimming street, watching the sun settle behind the rooftops of my residential neighborhood.
And I think.

Love, real love, uncontaminated love, does not require emotions. It is an act of the will.
So angels, since they have will--which is directed toward the ultimate good--can love.
Real love from the will is the desire for someone else's good.
My guardian angel desires my salvation, which is the highest good that someone can desire me to obtain.
So my guardian angel truly loves me.

It's comforting to know that I have a special spiritual friend dedicated to helping me obtain my salvation. And that, in carrying out the will of the Father, by dedicating himself to this task, he is assuming special responsibility for my soul. He loves me because the Father loves me, and his will is united to the Father's, yes. But it's amazing to think that, because his will is still other than the Father's, this created spirit loves me individually--not just generally as a part of mankind, but me myself, as one individual person in the history of the world.

If nothing else inspires me, I don't want to let my guardian angel down!

No comments: