Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Today was muggy, muggy, hot, humid, icky.

But I ran before the sun pierced the fog, so although I was drenched from the sticky humidity, the breeze off the Sound was unhindered by yellow rays from above.

Then Sharon and I spent the entire day inside the air-conditioned kitchen, listening to a large fraction of my limited CD collection, and unpacking dishes. Yes, almost two years after being married, Sharon is unpacking her dishes. It's a project still in progress. The trick is to take her dishes out of the wrapping and fit similar species of Uncle Mike's dishes back into it. She's been using his kitchen stuff for so long, she barely remembers what she herself has stowed away! Today was like Christmas, looking at her dinner plates, admiring all the different beautiful platters and crystal bowls she's received, and discovering that she owns two basters!

"I didn't know I had a baster! I just bought one a while ago because I needed it. Do you need a baster?"

of all things...

Hopefully, Uncle Mike won't suddenly return from and demand that we switch everything back. Meanwhile, the wine glasses and barware (my favorites!) are next on the list.

No comments: