Sunday, June 12, 2005

yessss!

First, I got my plane ticket! August 22nd-31st. Pray that Sharon doesn't have the baby early, because I won't know about it. I'll be canoeing through Stillwater Canyon with Erin-Roommate for much of the time, out of range and therefore, out of touch! Yes, that's pretty much all settled, as well. Wow, we're so organized--planning a full 10 weeks in advance!

Second, I was unexpectedly invited to a picnic at the Villa Maria Guadalupe, which is the convent of the Sisters of Life. A beautiful religious order, they also have a beautiful piece of property. Plans are being stirred up now to hold our next Maria Goretti Society retreat there in the fall...

Third, while at the picnic, one of the women honored for her support of the Sisters' pro-life efforts has a brother running in the upcoming NYC Marathon. Mother Agnes says he's "Running for Life," and needs a team! At first, I had the excitement and willingness of 4 other people at my table, including Fr. C. It quicky dwindled to maybe-one, when they realized how serious I was. But I'm still going to check it out. Maybe that means the whole disappointing lottery step can be skipped!

Fourth, dearest Bean somehow managed to teach me a few computer tricks via email, and I finally got my sidebar links up! Now if I could only learn the profile-picture maneuver, ... =]

And there was much rejoicing.

No comments: