Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Reality Check

The past few mornings, I've gone to Mass and prayed the rosary with a former member of the Olympic wrestling team. (??) pretty crazy.
And I still don't know his last name.
Let me just point out: it is commonly stated (at least in the herds I've run in) that friendships built on Faith are the best kind. This principle is always put forth in the sagest tones, with nods of approval all around. I always nod, myself, I admit. True, in principle. But now I must offer some perspective. It would be really nice to find some chunk of time when neither of us has class, so that I can actually sit down and have a normal conversation with this person. Right now, it's kind of akin to my gym partner during my junior year at TAC. I saw him from 5:00 to 6:30 in the morning, and then not much more the rest of the day. At least we had the car ride to build some sort of comradery!
So my point is, Faith is a good foundation for a friendship, if you're going to build one! Maybe I'm just impatient, and right now it's just a good thing to know someone's waiting for me everyday at Mass.

No comments: