Monday, May 09, 2005

All moved Away

I don't know anyone in Kentucky anymore.
Not that it would matter, anyway. I need to find housing close to where I'll be doing my clinical rotation.
I have a choice between two sublease agreements. The first is a 4-bedroom house shared with an 19 year-old "serious student" (according to who? her mother), her 20 year-old brother, and a 25 year-old woman from South Africa. I'm only excited about the safe neighborhood and the woman from South Africa. The last roommate I had from South Africa was my favorite part of working at Ojai Valley School summer camp for spoiled nitwits. I don't know if all women from South Africa read their Bible everyday and have a knack for disciplining junior high school girls, though. Anyway, I told "mother" that I don't know if I want to live with her son for the summer. This one's closer.

The other option is a 3-bedroom townhouse shared with Ashley, a recent college graduate who works 2 jobs to pay off her student loans and when she's not working is staying at her boyfriends' place, and Sarah, a pre-med student. Sarah's boyfriend only stays over about one night per week. This one's cheaper.

Any thoughts, folks?

1 comment:

Kitty said...

I too vote for door #1. Safer all around and God will provide the extra money needed.
Will your friend need a place to stay in NM? We are 2 blocks from both hospitals and have an empty room with a private bath. She would be very welcome and could be the housesitter for the doggy and kitty if she likes creatures. We will be in and out of the house during the summer and Pat might be around for awhile, but he's pretty harmless, I think. The house is large and she would have plenty of privacy. Jay has a huge room of books of any type of reading or listening you care for. I think we even have a bike she could ride to work or it's close enough to walk. Oh, and a jacuzzi!
Good luck with your summer postions and if you get close to NM give me a call and I'll see if we can work out a short break somewhere in the middle. Maybe Laughlin?! Well, I guess it's not in the middle, but the last trip there with around 20 TAC grads and almost grads was a blast. And it's cheap.
God bless, Kitty