Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Beginning to End

My final exam is a practical clinical exam.
Today I present (to one of my professors) how I would examine a 10 year-old boy with cerebral palsy, spastic quadriplegia (which means he has spasticity in both arms, both legs, and the muscles of his trunk).
Then I receive some "findings" from my pretend examination, and create a plan of care to treat him, which I present (to another professor) on Thursday.
Meanwhile, we have our last written exam on Wednesday.
Then on Friday the first professor chooses 2 pieces from the examination and 2 pieces from the treatment and watches me actually perform them on one of my classmates.
Then, ...I'M DONE with my first year of graduate school!!!!
And I proceed immediately to the Maria Goretti Society Retreat that I'm still planning for this weekend....

No comments: