Sunday, May 22, 2005

The week of Celebration, Part II

Funky jewelry-making Tuesday night turned out to be the most creative bridesmaids' gift I've ever experienced or heard of. One advantage to being a later marriage vocation is all the great ideas you accumulate from others.
The only other non-family member who was a bridesmaid was a really sweet co-worker of Alissa's from Lithuania. She reminded me so much of my former co-worker and friend from Hungary. And she informed me that I reminded her of one of her very best friends from high school: "Yoor eesty-eel, yoor mah-noor, ay-vrything." So it was a fun bridal party.

That made the whole week TONS of fun! Just imagine 5 Dalley sisters, 1 Dalley cousin, 2 Dalley adopted-friend-daughters, plus Mrs. Dalley herself, who happens to be a favorite among our graduating class from "that-anon." When Molly-O, C-Boyer, and E-Hurley showed up, the girl-fun only escalated! I haven't laughed so much for that many consecutive days since my senior year of college.

So the girl-time aspect of this week was unforgettable--a good way to leave off from one's life as a single woman, I should think. If I can have half the "last week" that Alissa had, I shall be a happy woman.

1 comment:

Sephora said...

I should just mention really quick: Alissa didn't work in Lithuania. Ieva is from Lithuania and came here to work at a hotel and Denver--where Alissa also worked.